Subject: Re: booting problems
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Gorazd Golob <gorazd@kid.kibla.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/26/2002 16:45:04
hello!

> > (ide/rs232/parallel) and it is disabled. so it is disabled for sure - but
> > I still get this message,
>
> Maybe it's not disabled "enouth" (I've already seen this: the adapter is
> still generating IRQs). Try to enable it, so that it'll be probed by kernel.

I tried it also with enabled paralell .. no luck. :()
I also exprienced problems when booting boot.fs from netbsd 1.4... I
guess.. Machine freeze .. the cause for this if isa controler for sure,
but operating system do the failure because of wrong probe or ? :()
Anyway this computer is runing with linux2.4 with no problems.

BTW: is smp for i386 fully supported on netbsd?

tnx, bye, gorazd