Subject: Re: Use of portuguese keyboard
To: Jose Alves Lourenco <jal@oninet.pt>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/20/2002 17:57:46
On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 11:08:33PM +0100, Jose Alves Lourenco wrote:
> Hi:
> I would like to use NetBSD with a portuguese (pt) keyboard.
> Although I am not very experienced with BSD I tested OpenBSD and it works
> with pt keyboards.
>
> I believe it shouldn't be very difficult to do the same with NetBSD 1.6, as
> both use wsconsctl. However it seems NetBSD doesn't have the pt keys layout.
>
> Would anyone help me directing me where to find or port the pt keyboard
> layout, perhaps from OpenBSD?.

Yes, there is no pt keyboard layout yet. If you can provide one we would
be happy to include it.
The keyboard maps are in kernel sources, in src/sys/dev/pckbc/wskbdmap_mfii.c
I think you just need to add a
static const keysym_t pckbd_keydesc_pt[], and register it in
pckbd_keydesctab.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>