Subject: DELL FC450/Clariion 4500
To: netbsd-help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: bad bob <sfmc68@bellatlantic.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/19/2002 18:48:55
Attempting to recover from what seems to be a self inflicted denial of
service, that has caused the clariion to be some kind of
lump of metal - none of the drives are visible - running the management
tool for the box does not seem to
provide the command capability to help it recover.
My thoughts were that the serial console port may be a path to find out
what is going on in the box.
So far, I have been able to occaisionally see the system status as it
boots but I have not been able
to get the box to respond on the console side.

Now, why am I asking here?  This is a slightly different box than the
usual EMC.  What I am interested in,
is whether or not one can get to the data, via cache or other means, on
one of these boxes. how you could
cause a denial of service (seem to have accomplished that), and how you
can recover from a DoS if it does
happen.  As more and more folks stand up EMC boxes to store data, what
do we know about them>
thanks
bad bob