Subject: pkgsrc cvs update problem
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Brad Volz <bradv@affectation.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/18/2002 20:16:08
Hello,

I seem to be running into a bit of difficulty in updating
pkgsrc via anoncvs.netbsd.org.

As a bit of background, the machine itself is in the i386
family, and running NetBSD 1.6.  If it is interesting,
/usr/pkgsrc is a symlink to /usr/src/pkgsrc.

My last two attempts to update pkgsrc have produced the same results :
- ---
# cd /usr/src
# cvs update -rnetbsd-1-6 -d -P pkgsrc
cvs server: Updating pkgsrc
cvs server: Updating pkgsrc/misc
cvs server: Updating pkgsrc/misc/bidwatcher
cvs server: Updating pkgsrc/misc/bidwatcher/patches
anoncvs.netbsd.org: Connection refused
cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)
- ---

I find the connection refused error message to be rather odd,
as netstat seems to imply that there is a persistent TCP session
to anoncvs.netbsd.org during the attempted update.

Are there any useful flags that I can use to see if I can get
a better idea why the update keeps failing in the same place?

Thanks,

Brad