Subject: Re: Problems with NFS: Port mapper failure
To: Markus B?ing <markus@boeing-online.de>
From: Rasputin <rasputin@idoru.mine.nu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/18/2002 14:09:19
* Markus B?ing <markus@boeing-online.de> [1000 17:00]:
> Are you sure that MacOS X does not run on old iBooks? I used to run
> MacOS X (10.0 release) on an iMac (rev A, the original one) with 96MB
> memory. That was an unsupported configuration but MacOS X did work on
> it. OK, it was a bit slow. :)

The interface for OSX is absolutely horrible, and it's not my iBook.
Until the GUI becomes themeable, OSX is a no-no for that reason alone.
(There are usability as well as aesthetic issues too).

Plus I heard recntly that Jaguar's Finder is OpenGL-heavy,
and therefore is pretty slow without a decent graphics accelerator.

I agree though,early OSX was usably fast, if a bit
'My First Computer' in appearance.