Subject: CFLAGS in mk.conf
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Mipam <mipam@ibb.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/18/2002 02:48:09
Hi,

Normally i was used to set CFLAGS in /etc/mk.conf
For example to add -pipe will significantly speed up the compilation
process.
So i have these things in my /etc/mk.conf

CFLAGS+=	-pipe
HOST_CFLAGS+=	${CFLAGS}
CXXFLAGS+=	${CFLAGS}
HOST_CFLAGS+=	${CFLAGS}

However, reading mk.conf (5)
i only see that COPS is mentioned.
So what's better to use?

Furthermore, if i wish to add some options to /etc/mk.conf
which are only valid for packages, how to tell this in /etc/mk.conf?

Last thing, in the kernel compilation process the CFLAGS stuff of
/etc/mk.conf dont seem to make any difference, how come?
I now use: makeoptions	COPTS="-O2 -pipe"
in the kernel config file to make it happen.
Will it be mandatory to set the optimization level in the makeoptions
statement if you use makeoptions at all?
Bye,

Mipam.