Subject: Re: Problems with NFS: Port mapper failure
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: James Thompson <list_mail@softhome.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/17/2002 13:34:58
This has been happening to me recently and I wonder if it's similar
or related.  What I have found is that rpcbind is not starting after
a reboot.

If I do a /etc/rc.d/rpcbind status I'l find it's not running. So
by hand I have to start rpcbind, mountd and restart nfsd.

After that all is good.

Anyway, if the above isn't similar at least check status of mountd
and rpcbind to see if they are running.  If not there's likely to
be a reason written to /var/log/messages.

James