Subject: Re: Disklabel info for HP97560
To: Jeff Cook <jcook@digital-link.net>
From: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/14/2002 14:18:33
Jeff Cook wrote:

> Does anyone have the geometry info for an HP97560 scsi disk. I can't get the
> disklabel pgm to work. Any other help getting this beast to work would be
> greatly appreciated.

The HP-UX /etc/disktab entry says:

# HP Coyote III
#
HP_97560:\
        :1342 MB:ns#36:nt#19:nc#1916:\
        :s0#1310544:b0#8192:f0#1024:\
        :se#512:rm#4002:

... and from the disktab manual page:

           Name   Type   Description
            ns    num    Number of sectors per track
            nt    num    Number of tracks per cylinder
            nc    num    Total number of cylinders on the disk
            b0    num    Block size (bytes)
            f0    num    Fragment size (bytes)
            s0    num    Size of disk in sectors
            rm    num    Revolution per minute

Hope this helps, but you now know more than I do about the device. :-)

Giles