Subject: Applications fail to start
To: 'netbsd-help@netbsd.org' <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Klesel, Roman <roman.klesel@sap.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/13/2002 12:08:12
Dear community,

Some applications occasionally fail to pop up. That means I start them
from the command line they load into memory ( I can observe HD aktivity
) but then nothing happenes. Sometimes after a minute a or two the
window pops up sometimes it doesn't. I can observe this only with
rox-filer, gnumeric, and mozilla.
It doesn't occure with xterm, links -g, gv, xload, icewm ....

I had this problem with 1.5.2 so I did a new install with 1.6. In the
begining everything was OK. After some time the problem occurs.
I did very few modifications to the default setup (no new kernel)
I'm using xfree 4.2 from www.xfree.org ( with 1.5.2 I used xfree 3.x.x)
I get no error messeges relatet to the problem so I have no clue how to
solve the problem.

Any ideas? Some one expearincing similar things?

Regards,

Roman