Subject: Re: Small Linux/NetBSD distributon
To: Tor Stormwall <tor@stormwall.org>
From: Martin Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/11/2002 15:03:35
On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 04:41:23PM +0200, Tor Stormwall wrote:
> [...]
> Is it really possible to run NetBSD with only 4MB RAM?

Yup, I have a 486/66 4MB Toshiba T3400 laptop running NetBSD.
It's swapping, but I could log in even before it swapped (because
I added swapping later, forgot in the first run :). This
is still with non-dynamic binaries /, so I don't know what changed
on the low-mem front :) But 1.5ZC ran/runs fine on it... On the
other hand, the machine has 120 MB of HD, that's a lot (it doesn't
net-mount anything)...

-Martin

PS: Oh, I'm really using that laptop to work, compile C programs,
read and write etc. It's working just fine.