Subject: HP 5200C USB Scanner on NetBSD 1.5.3 ? (fwd)
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Fox <eric@fox.phoenix.az.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/10/2002 12:25:52
I've read all the applicable man pages, searched the NetBSD mail
archives, and done a general search on google, but still haven't found the
solution to this problem.  From everything I've read, this should 'just
work' (tm).

Here are the best results I'm getting:

  # export SANE_DEBUG_HP=128
  # scanimage -L
  [sanei_debug] Setting debug level of hp to 128.
  [hp] sane_init called
  [hp] sane_init will finish with Success
  [hp] sane_get_devices called
  [hp] hp_read_config: hp backend v0.95 starts reading config file
  [hp] hp_read_config: processing line <option connect-device>
  [hp] hp_read_config: processing line </dev/usb0>
  [hp] hp_read_config: processing line </dev/ugen0.00>
  [hp] hp_read_config: attach /dev/usb0
  [hp] hp_get_dev: New device /dev/usb0, connect-device, scsi-request=0
  [hp] sanei_hp_device_new: /dev/usb0
  [hp] scsi_flush: writing 2 bytes:
  [hp]  0x0000  1B 45                                            .E
  [hp] hp_nonscsi_device_new: SCL reset failed
  [hp] scsi_close: closing fd 5
  [hp] hp_read_config: attach /dev/ugen0.00
  [hp] hp_get_dev: New device /dev/ugen0.00, connect-device,
    scsi-request=0
  [hp] sanei_hp_device_new: /dev/ugen0.00
  [hp] scsi_flush: writing 2 bytes:
  [hp]  0x0000  1B 45                                            .E
  [hp] hp_nonscsi_device_new: SCL reset failed
  [hp] scsi_close: closing fd 5
  [hp] sane_get_devices will finish with Success

  [hp] sane_exit called
  [hp] sane_exit will finish

Again, this is with NetBSD 1.5.3 on i386 with sane-backends 1.0.8
installed.

Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas that I may not have tried
yet?

--
  /\---/\  Eric J Fox
 /  o o  \ http://fox.phoenix.az.us