Subject: MSDOS Boot Floppies
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Joe Magee <jmagee@starrider.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/07/2002 23:26:31
I apparently need to create a boot floppy with a MS-DOS file system.

I have created custom boot floppies and these physical floppies successfully
boot systems with floppy drives. However, we have some diskless workstations
that download a boot image when required.

When sending the bootfloppy.fs file to these systems, they do not boot. (I
use the same bootfloppy.fs file to create the physical boot floppies).

We believe that the bios in the diskless workstations is expecting an MS-DOS
formatted image.

I've reviewed the Makefiles for the boot floppies and cannot determine a
definitive place where I can define the image for the boot floppy to be
MS-DOS, nor how to get this format into the resulting xxx.fs file.

Any insights or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe Magee