Subject: Keyboard fails on every second boot
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <jgre@tzi.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/01/2002 21:37:10
Hi,
I have installed NetBSD 1.6 i386 for the first time and it works pretty well
exept for two problems at startup:
1. I have to enter the root device every time when booting
2. Every second startup the keyboard is lost after the prompt for the root
device but before the login prompt.

The problem with the root device might have something to do with the fact that
I have NetBSD installed on the second IDE disk (root: wd1a) and the first disk
has some ext3 and FAT partitions and during boot I get a message that no disk
label was found on wd0. I'm loading NetBSD with grub (directly without
chainloader).
The second problem is much more annoying since I have to login from another
machine via ssh and reboot the system and as it does not happen each time,
although I do not change anything before restarting, it seems very odd.

Thanks for any help
       Divo