Subject: RE: newbie can't "./configure"
To: Sporleder, Matthew \(CCI-Atlanta\) <Matthew.Sporleder@cox.com>
From: Scott Flodin <scott@scottflodin.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/30/2002 22:22:39
Thanks, that makes sense. But these PHP instructions specifically say
to do that in order to re-configure Apache with PHP. But you're right
-- the Apache directory doesn't have a "configure" command.

1.  gunzip apache_xxx.tar.gz
2.  tar -xvf apache_xxx.tar
3.  gunzip php-xxx.tar.gz
4.  tar -xvf php-xxx.tar
5.  cd apache_xxx
6.  ./configure --prefix=/www --enable-module=so
7.  make
8.  make install
9.  cd ../php-xxx
10. ./configure --with-mysql --with-apxs=/www/bin/apxs
11. make
12. make install