Subject: Re: X is kicking me back to X
To: Tor Stormwall <tor@stormwall.org>
From: Bjoern Labitzke <Bjoern.Labitzke@t-online.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/29/2002 18:54:22
* Tor Stormwall (tor@stormwall.org) Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 06:40:24PM +0200:
> When I press Ctrl-Alt-F2 to go to console mode, I get kicked back
> into X.
> Output of /var/log/message:
> Sep 28 23:38:46 ring /netbsd: usl_detachtimeout
> Sep 28 23:38:46 ring /netbsd: usl_detachack: not detaching

I observe this as well from time to time, but for me only on special
occasions: Just after xdm restarts the Xserver and has not displayed
the login window already. A very easy work around: I just have to wait
the few seconds until xdm comes back up again and then I can safely
switch.

Besides from those occasions I never encountered the problem. (At
least I can't remember... :-) )

HTH,
Bjoern

--
Bjoern Labitzke  <bcsl@gmx.de>
   Use GPG! (Don't you use envelopes for your letters?)