Subject: Problem bootstrapping Zoularis on MacOS X
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Markus_B=F6ing?= <markus@boeing-online.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/27/2002 19:39:01
--Apple-Mail-1--993433434

Ladies and Gents,

may I ask for your help regarding Zoularis on MaxOS X.

I downloaded darwin-bootstrap.tar.gz and pkgsrc.tar.gz and extracted it
into a UFS partition (/Volumes/Zoularis).

Well the next step would be running bootstrap (./bootstrap
--pkgdir=/Volumes/Zoularis/pkg --pkgdbdir=/Volumes/Zoularis/pkgdb
--pkgsrcdir=/Volumes/Zoularis/pkgsrc) and this is where I am stuck.

The script starts and builds bmake and lukemftp successfully. However,
it stops while attempting to make bash2 (?):

<quote>
<snip>
PLEASE IGNORE ANY ERRORS YOU GET WHEN INSTALLING THIS PACKAGE
THEY HAPPEN BECAUSE THE PKG_INSTALL TOOLS ARE NOT YET BUILT
===> Cleaning for digest-20010807
===> Extracting for digest-20010807
zsh: no such file or directory: /Volumes/Zoularis/pkg/sbin/pkg_info
===> Required package bash-[0-9]*: NOT found
===> Verifying reinstall for ../../shells/bash2
Your package tools need to be updated to 2002/04/02 versions.
The installed package tools were last updated on 2001/03/02.
Please "make install" in ../../pkgtools/pkg_install.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /Volumes/Zoularis/pkgsrc/shells/bash2
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /Volumes/Zoularis/pkgsrc/shells/bash2
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /Volumes/Zoularis/pkgsrc/pkgtools/digest
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /Volumes/Zoularis/pkgsrc/pkgtools/digest
can't make digest
[dhcp1:/Volumes/Zoularis/bootstrap-pkgsrc] root#
</quote>

At this stage I have bmake and ftp in /Volumes/Zoularis/pkg/bin. Both
images work, I used bmake and downloaded some files with ftp. Yes, I
made sure I was using the freshly compiled NetBSD ftp program and not
ftp from MacOS. :)

I tried to manually build the required packages (pkgtools, pkg_install,
digest, bash2) but without success. I even did set the variables in
frob_environment() before making (using the just build bmake).

I am stuck and totally clueless. Any hints how to get Zoularis up and
running on my Mac? BTW I am using MacOS X 10.1.5.

Thanks,
/Markus.

+---
Markus A. Boeing