Subject: Re: Problem with wscons (80x50 and ibm fonts)
To: Adrien Auzanneau <ada@darksnow.org>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/26/2002 19:28:58
On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 08:28:49PM +0200, Adrien Auzanneau wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to configure my screen in 80x50.
> Like i 've read in doc i do:
> in /etc/wscons.conf
> uncomment line beginning by :  font     ibm
> and i modify screen => 80x50
>
> after having restart, i haven't got error message,
> but font looks to be "cut in half".
> 80x50 resolution looks to be apply correctly.
> But fonts is too big, so it cut.
>
> I've also tested with pcvt, i've test to change the height of fonts..
> Nothing work.
>
> I'm under NetBSD 1.6.

What platform are you on? What video card are you using?

Font loading is currently broken on some platforms (like the alpha)
because there is no kernel support for /dev/wsfont. On other platforms,
like the i386, you have to make the device node for /dev/wsfont.

% cd /dev ; MAKEDEV wscons

Then again, you said you weren't seeing any error messages, and I
think you are saying pcvt is also not working for you. If the
problem isn't reported by wsfontload then I can be safely ignored.
           On the community of supercomputer fans:
"But what we lack in size we make up for in eccentricity."
  from Steve Gombosi, comp.sys.super, 31 Jul 2000 11:22:43 -0600