Subject: Shell problem with 1.6
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Marechal, Laurent <lmarechal@rational.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/26/2002 22:45:42

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2659D.ADD20BD0

Hi,

I had a working 1.5.2 installation. I just installed a new machine with 1.6
Everything is fine, but there is two small thing I can't find:

1- On 1.5.2 with sh, the arrow let me select the history or edit the command
line , I'm using the same config and I checked the file in /etc, everything
is identical. But these two key just return the ESC char ( ^[[A B C D ).

2- I try to change the shell for the root user to get sh, I changed the
etc/passwd and also using chsh, but it keep using csh..

What did I miss ?

Thanks

Laurent\

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2659D.ADD20BD0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3DUS-ASCII">
5.5.2654.45">
<TITLE>Shell problem with 1.6</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hi,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I had a working 1.5.2 installation. I just installed =
a new machine with 1.6</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Everything is fine, but there is two small thing I =
can't find:</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>1- On 1.5.2 with sh, the arrow let me select the =
history or edit the command line , I'm using the same config and I =
checked the file in /etc, everything is identical. But these two key =
just return the ESC char ( ^[[A B C D ). </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>2- I try to change the shell for the root user to get =
sh, I changed the etc/passwd and also using chsh, but it keep using =
csh..</FONT></P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>What did I miss ?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Laurent\</FONT>