Subject: Upgrade stuck...Need help
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Michael D. Spence <spence@panix.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/25/2002 23:21:18
Wanted to upgrade from 1.5.2 to 1.6.  Made the floppies.  Didn't make the CD
because I had a working net connection on ex0.

Booted from floppies, selected Upgrade.  Selected sets to install.  Realized
I hadn't done network config.  But no ex0 (only ep0, which is an internal
network with no external connection).

Rebooted, realized (belatedly) that I was getting ex0: can't map I/O space
on boot.

Rearranged the entire office to get cable modem back on Windows machine.
Made the CD.  Now when I try to do the upgrade, I get:

Help! No /etc/fstab in target wd0.  Aborting upgrade.

What do I do now?

Michael D. Spence
Mockingbird Data Systems, Inc.