Subject: OpenOffice and jdk14 ?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/25/2002 20:15:42
Hi,

Has anyone succeeded to build OpenOffice using jdk14 on a i386 box ?

I've already installed sun-jdk14 package and i've tried to change the
jdk13 require line of the  OpenOffice package makefile in order to
avoid multiple jdk on my machine. After some hours of building on a
Athlon 1.4GHz, it seems the process is stuck on this line :

Checking DLL ../unxbsdi.pro/lib/libuui641bi.so ...

I've tried to install the binary package, using -f switch to ignore
the jdk13 missing error. When i run soffice, the splash screen
appears, my cpu meter goes to 99% but that's all...

Is the jdk13 absolutely necessary for OpenOffice package ? I believed
that jdk14 was able to deal with jdk13, isn'it ?
--
Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1336421245 secondes