Subject: Re: Java SDK 1.4.1 under NetBSD 1.6
To: Stöhr <florian.stoehr@login-solutions.de>
From: Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/25/2002 18:46:46
On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 18:12:44 +0000
Florian Stöhr <florian.stoehr@login-solutions.de> wrote:

Hi

> after runnning the self-extracting file from sun, I changed to the folder and
> tried:
>
> root@flo [/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.1/bin] # ./java
> Could not reserve enough space for object heap
>
> What is this?

christine: {8} pwd
/usr/pkgsrc/lang/sun-jdk14
christine: {9} cat MESSAGE
$NetBSD: MESSAGE,v 1.3 2002/07/28 14:53:25 schmonz Exp $

In order to invoke the JVM, the data segment size set by your
shell's 'ulimit' builtin must be at least 131204 -- please refer
to your shell's manual page for details.

You may want to read ${JDK_HOME}/README for details about running
this jdk. In a nutshell you may want to set the following in your
shell environment:

        CLASSPATH to ${JDK_HOME}/src.zip:.
        JAVA_HOME to ${JDK_HOME}
        ${PATH} to include ${JDK_HOME}/bin