Subject: multi-disk install
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Keith Mastin <kmastin@beechtree.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/25/2002 11:38:12
I just put together a new piece of iron that I want to run as a
web/mail/ftp/dsn server for quite a few users. This machine has 3 disks, 1
IDE and 2 scsi. My preferred layout for the machine is:
ide 3.2 Gb:	/boot, /, /home, /tmp, swap
scsi 9 Gb:	/usr, /chroot
scsi 9 Gb:	/web

I DL'ed 1.6 and got all fired up to do an install, only to find that
NetBSD only sees the ide disk, and doesn't give me access to the 2 scsi
drives. A check of the FAQ's and NetBSD Guide shows only references to
single disk installations. If this were an install where I wanted to put
/usr on the ide disk, I would just mount the other disks for data storage,
but since the 2047MB swap takes up the bulk of the ide drive, this is not
possible.

Any suggestions?
TIA
--
Keith Mastin       BeechTree Information Technology Services Inc.
137 Laird Drive    Toronto    M4G 3V5     http://www.beechtree.ca