Subject: Re: Wargames? falken user?
To: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
From: Chip Marshall <chip@chocobo.cx>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/20/2002 16:24:17
--=-6/gKrBDZAUVCalaEZTh8

On Fri, 2002-09-20 at 12:54, Andy R wrote:
> What is this? It's obviously not a game, it doesn't do
> anything. Why is there a user associated? The user
> doesn't have a nonexistant shell, so what's the deal
> with him? Does he have a password?

As other's have said, Falken is the guy who created the WOPR computer in
the movie WarGames. It asks you if you want to play a game. In
/usr/games/wargames, instead of saying yes, you type in the name of the
game you want to play, and it starts it for you. Try answering 'robots'
for instance.

> Is there somewhere that I can read history on this?
> Seems like a joke to me.

I'm pretty sure it is a joke. I leave it enabled on one of our products
here and have it setup to auto-login on an unused terminal, to give
support people something to play with.

--=20
Chip Marshall <chip@chocobo.cx>           http://www.chocobo.cx/chip/
GCM/CS d+(-) s+:++ a21>? C++ UB++++$ P+++$ L- E--- W++ N@ o K- w O M+