Subject: Re: XF86 4.2.0 and Riva 128
To: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
From: Christoph Leuzinger <christoph.leuzinger@westworks.ch>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/20/2002 15:30:20
Hello Brian,

First I can report that I "resolved" the problem by using the "vesa"
driver. Works allright for me. But still I'm wondering ... :)

Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Sep 2002 @ 5:56pm (+0200), christoph.leuzinger@westworks.ch wrote:
> > I have been running earlier releases of NetBSD on the same machine
> > using XF86 3.3.6. Now I ran into troubles with the configuration of
> > XFree86 4.2.0 which comes with 1.6. I'm using an ASUS V3000 video
> > board with AGP and a NVidia Riva 128 chipset. The ancient XF86_SVGA
> > server worked very well with that setup.
> Interesting...is the kernel attaching to VGA1 in demsg? can you send your
> demsg?

chris@asterix:~> dmesg | grep vga1
vga1 at pci1 dev 0 function 0: Nvidia Corporation & SGS Thomson
Microelectric Riva 128 (rev. 0x10)

Let me know if you'd like to see the complete output.

Regards,
Chris.
--
Christoph Leuzinger                        <URL:http://www.westworks.ch/~chris/>