Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.6: XFree86 problems.
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Geoff Wing <mason@primenet.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/19/2002 08:15:06
Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu> typed:
:> I used "XFree86 -configure" as root to generate a configuration file.
:> This appears now to be more or less correct in many ways.  It is, however,
:> totally useless w.r.t. resolutions.  It only comes up in one, very low,
:> resolution.  I recall that XFree86 4.0, when *first* released, did a much
:  [...]
: Not sure about my memory, here, but the fix that worked for me was to
: simply use the old, text-based, semi-manual configuration tool
: (xf86config).

Or in xf86cfg, after configuring each of the icons in the main
area (right click and select configure) under "Configure Layout",
select "Configure Screen" (the "Configure ..." box is a drop-down menu)
and configure the resolutions and depths there.

Regards,
--
Geoff Wing