Subject: Re: echo-like replacement for telnetd
To: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
From: henry nelson <netb@irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/19/2002 11:33:09
On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 12:35:37AM +0300, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> following to your hosts.allow file:
>
> 	telnet : 127.0.0.1 : allow
> 	telnet : ALL \
> 		: severity auth.info \
> 		: twist /bin/echo "You are not welcome to use %d from %h."
>
> The libwrap support of inetd(8) will take care of the rest :-)

I wasn't able to get enough information from inetd(8) or hosts_access(5)
to show me what you've done so that I can create something to meet my own
needs.  Specifically, what will %d or %h insert, and how would I enter a
short paragraph (3-4 lines)?

[For the time being I have inetd run a /bin/sh script to echo 3 lines of
information.  The script is behind tcp wrappers.  To overcome the "stair
casing" effect that I think Andy was refering to, I echo some control
codes, e.g., '^[[2J^[[3;4f', which positions the cursor.  It seems to be
okay on the telnet clients I've tried.]

Anyway, thanks everyone.

henry nelson