Subject: Re: Install 1.6 failes
To: Klesel, Roman <roman.klesel@sap.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/17/2002 08:45:08
On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, Klesel, Roman wrote:

> After the first reboot it doesn't find a kernel. Reason: there is none.
> I mounted the partition which I labled as / and the only thing there is, is a directory usr
> and a file boot.

What partition did you label as "/"? It really should be "a". You may
be able to make it work otherwise, but "sysinstall" would be likely to
get confused.

> boot hd0a:boot
>
> doesn't work. It doesn't seem to be a Kernel.

No, it's not.  "boot" is the program you're running when you're at the
boot prompt. The kernel is normally named "netbsd".

> However the Kernel tgz did donload as well as the base tgz and extract.
>
> It seems it got extracted in the nirvana since ther is neither etc nor bin nor sbin ....
>
> I used bootlap1.fs and bootlap2.fs

How are you getting the sets? What is the output of "fdisk wd0" and
"disklabel wd0"? You might also try mounting any other partitions you
created, to see if the files went there.

Frederick