Subject: Re: Cups and Samba
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/17/2002 00:25:36
>>>>> "Keith" == Keith Mastin <kmastin@beechtree.ca> writes:

Keith> Why are you using lpr and lpd commands in the printer
Keith> configuration?  AFAIK, these are inconsistant with CUPS.

I think they doesn't hurt as the Samba documentation says that
'printing = cups' ignore them anyway.

Keith> Your samba [printers] configuration is still trying to use the
Keith> linux print daemon.

Beg you pardon ? first, lpr is certainly not a linux thingy, second,
you will have noticed that is /usr/local/bin/lpr: that's the one
built by the cups package. Did you mean that cups NetBSD package has
installed linux stuff in my /usr/local ?

Keith> Maybe completely undo everything you did, completely remove all
Keith> the linux printer stuff and CUPS stuff, and start again fresh
Keith> from nothing, using only what the CUPS docs tell you to use and
Keith> install.

I've tried all possible configurations found with 'cups samba' on
Google: none works with current cups and samba NetBSD packages (the
one i've posted is only one of them). I've even submitted a bug report
about web interface of cups that ask for a username/password but
accept nothing...

That said, if you have a smb.conf/cupsd.conf that works with these
packages on NetBSD, they're welcomed ;-)
--
Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1335658587 secondes