Subject: Re: CVS problems
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Mihai Chelaru <kefren@netbastards.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/16/2002 17:07:11
On Monday 16 September 2002 16:05, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> I believe it's a problem with pkgsrc "cvs", though I'm not certain.
> At least, I do recall that "-C" didn't quite work in the past, but now
> that I've fully updated to 1.6, it seems to work with no problem.

That was my first thought, too. But no, I use the cvs from distribution.
# which cvs
/usr/bin/cvs
# cvs -version | head -n 2

Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11 (client/server)
# uname -sr
NetBSD 1.6G

> Of course you know that "cvs update -C" discards your local changes?
> I prefer, rather "cvs update -dP > /var/tmp/cvs.log". Then, files that
> had been changed locally are indicated by an "M" in "cvs.log" if the
> merge was successful, or a "C" if attention is required.

Yeap, that was what I wanted. I modified some files in the past and now I want
them fresh from the cvs server.

> Frederick

Thanks,
Mihai