Subject: Re: CVS problems
To: Mihai Chelaru <kefren@netbastards.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/16/2002 08:05:42
On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Mihai Chelaru wrote:

> I have some problems updating a locally changed file.
> Let's say I modified the file /usr/src/sys/sys/param.h and then I try: cvs
> update -dC in /usr/src/sys. This will always fail with 'cvs [server aborted]:
> cannot open param.h.c for copying: No such file or directory'. However the
> operation is successfull if I do cvs update -dC in the directory in which I
> modified the file (cd /usr/src/sys/sys && cvs update -dC). Is this a cvs
> problem or I'm just stupid and doing something wrong ?

I believe it's a problem with pkgsrc "cvs", though I'm not certain.
At least, I do recall that "-C" didn't quite work in the past, but now
that I've fully updated to 1.6, it seems to work with no problem.

Of course you know that "cvs update -C" discards your local changes?
I prefer, rather "cvs update -dP > /var/tmp/cvs.log". Then, files that
had been changed locally are indicated by an "M" in "cvs.log" if the
merge was successful, or a "C" if attention is required.

Frederick