Subject: Will scheduler activation be merged with -current soon?
From: Chris Wareham <chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/16/2002 12:27:31
Now that 1.6 is officially released, will we see things like
scheduler activation (and most importantly the POSIX threads
emulation) merged with -current soon? I'm currently hacking
on a threaded GUI app which relies on the pth package, and
porting it to GTK+ 2.0, which relies on the ptl package. It
would be great if I could lose the dependency on pth and ptl,
by switching to NetBSD's native threads.

If the merge isn't likely soon, does anyone have recent
experience of the SA branch? If so, is it and the threading
API stable enough for everyday development use?

Chris
--
chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk (work)
cwareham@btinternet.com (home)