Subject: Cups and Samba
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/16/2002 11:15:11
Hi,

Cups is running on my i386 -current box. It works fine, at least with
Gimp, Mozilla and /usr/local/bin/lpr command.

My printer is connected on my NetBSD box, so i'm using Samba to make
my wife's Windows 98 printing on this printer, too. It used to work
with stock lpd but, now, Windows is unable to print anything (the
printer is still visible on the Windows network).

My smb.conf follows what i've found on the Web concerning Samba and
Cups:

[global]
        workgroup = WORKGROUP
        encrypt passwords = yes
        load printers = yes
        printcap name = cups
        printing = cups
[printers]
        printable = yes
        public = yes
        guest ok = yes
        path = /var/spool/samba
        print command = /usr/local/bin/lpr -P %p -o raw %s
        lpq command = lpstat -o %p
        lprm command = cancel %p-%j

I've tried various others configuration, but none works: Windows says
it cannot print...

I've nothing in my log files so i don't know if this problem is
related to cups, samba or both of them.

Of course, i've rebuilt samba to make it use cups:

# ldd `which smbd`
/usr/pkg/sbin/smbd:
         -lssl.2 => /usr/lib/libssl.so.2
         -lcrypto.1 => /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1
         -lcups.2 => /usr/local/lib/libcups.so.2
         -lcrypt.0 => /usr/lib/libcrypt.so.0
         -lc.12 => /usr/lib/libc.so.12

Any clues?
--
Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1335610915 secondes