Subject: do you take Hardware Donations?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Simpson <rich@richcreations.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/15/2002 16:54:35
Hello,

I am a user of the  of netbsd, and first I want to say thanks, with
netbsd, I have found uses for hardware that otherwise would be useless,
an 030, or 040 mac makes a great internet server for lite duty tasks,
like dns etc...

Anyway I have a bunch of 68k macs that I would like to donate, I do not
wan't a tax break or anything like that,(I will even pay shipping if I
have too), I just want netbsd 68k to be good, so I can use it, if I had
programming skills I would give that way, but I am just a user that
cannot afford the newest computer all the time.

this is what I got:
bunch of 030 and lc040 performa and lc computers, some are supported,
others not...
couple mac 2ci and 2si and such
couple qudras 600, 800, 950  I know the 950 is not supported, but I
would like to donate it in hopes that it will help get it supported.
in all about 10 machines, some monitors(2-3) keyboards and mice(lots)
some externial cd rom drives (scsi) and some other stuff.

I also have some Sun Sparc Classic computers, with 17"sun color
monitors, kb, optical mouse, all working, runs netbsd/sparc just fine, I
use a couple of them to run apache...
if the sparc port people want these let me know as well.

you can have whatever you want, I will only ship the stuff you want to
save costs. it all works!

I do not know weather you wan't any of these computers, but they would
be free to you, and I only have them so the would not get melted down.
I really like NetBSD, nice to run the same os on several platforms, and
not notice the difference...

I live in the bay area, so if you are close I can deliver them and not
have to pay ups.

-Rich Simpson