Subject: Re: kernel 1.6
To: cecilcosta@inicia.es, <cecilcosta@inicia.es>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/14/2002 10:17:11
On Mon, 14 Sep 2015, Cecil Eduardo Campos Costa wrote:

> I've just downloaded the NetBSD 1.6 KERNEL and I decided to compile it
> to upgrade my system. So I did it with the GENERIC file and when I ran
> the make depend it generated a error because the file "config_file.h" at
> param.c was not found. I let the include line of this file comented and
> it stills not working. Is it normal or am I doing something wrong?

Did you update "config"? If you have all the sources, "./build.sh -t"
at the top-level will install an updated "nbconfig" into
${TOOLDIR}/bin (among other things), which you can then use in lieu of
"config". You should then build with "nbmake-`uname -m`" in lieu of
"make" -- "nbmake-*" will also be found in ${TOOLDIR}/bin.

A checkout of only "syssrc" does give you the sources for
"usr.sbin/config", but it probably won't build at all against a 1.5*
toolchain, so "syssrc" alone isn't much good. (If you already had 1.6
installed, you could check out "src/sys" to build just a kernel -- you
wouldn't need any of the other things in "syssrc" -- but I guess you
don't, or you wouldn't see that error.)

Frederick