Subject: RE:
To: Dave <daveayanchakrabarti@yahoo.com>
From: Rose, Brian <Brian.Rose@icn.siemens.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/13/2002 08:18:52
What documents have you read? The NetBSD Guide
http://www.mclink.it/personal/MG2508/nbsdeng/netbsd.html is a good place to
start and covers a standard installation. But it can be daunting at first
for those not familiar with some of the lower level aspects of their
hardware. Just be sure to read all the available documentation you can find.
I am new to NetBSD, and I have found that the answers to many of my
questions have been already been answered.

A Google search usually helps. Just put in "NetBSD <topic>" and you can
usually track down what you need. It is slow at first, but after a while
you'll learn how to phrase your searches to get the results you are looking
for.

But don't be shy about posting your questions. Don't spend days frustrating
yourself trying to resolve these issues. If you have exhausted your search
options, then post the question. No point in wandering around aimlessly
hoping to stumble onto an answer.