Subject: Re: No bpf devices
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Joe Magee <jmagee@starrider.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/10/2002 20:28:42
Jeremy,

Thanks for responding.

In the script that calls sh MAKEDEV ramdisk, I follow that line with a ls
/dev/b*. At that point, the /dev directory has these entries.

However, after booting the image, the /dev directory in the ramdisk does not
have these entries. I thought I might be picking up the wrong .fs file, but
other changes I make seem to show up.

I have not checked the permissions--I can't get them to show up in ls.

Yes, the entry for pseudo-devices bpfilter 8 is in my kernel configuration
file. And, as above, other changes I make in the kernel seem to show up, so
I believe I'm getting the correct netbsd file.

Joe