Subject: Re: Anybody run Squirrel?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Keith Mastin <kmastin@beechtree.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/09/2002 13:27:02
>Hi!
>
>We're an ISP and we were thinking of installing squirrel for web mail.
>
>Does anybody have anything good/not so good/observation/anything to say
>about it?

I use it here. One of the main things is to test each plugin seperately,
as they may or may not have effects on your resources, depending on any
number of parameters. I found that using the filter plugin slowed the
latentcy to unacceptable levels, but others on different OS'es or even
with different plugin combos on a similar OS didn't have this issue.

Overall, I give it a good solid 8 for performance, flexability and
configurability. Works best on big iron due to php, and memory usage is an
issue, so you might need to do some tweaking there. I secured mine behind
ssl, and it works like a charm.

--
Keith Mastin       BeechTree Information Technology Services Inc.
137 Laird Drive    Toronto    M4G 3V5     http://www.beechtree.ca