Subject: Re: OSS says: kernel: page fault trap, code=0
To: None <dev@opensound.com, netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Gan Uesli Starling <alias@starling.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/09/2002 03:43:02
Dev at opensound.org has just sent me a
copy of the prior version of the OSS install
tarball -- the same as which I had reported
as working (but all by itself -- not with
audacity).

Also, enough playing around with wondering
what I might have killed in the system. Shotgun
time! I have just completed a total "make build"
on src for NetBSD 1.5.4_Alpha. Got a snapshot
via ftp of tar from /usr/src on my ThinkPad (same
as last time).

Running the OLD (reportedly buggy) oss-install
on a brand new 1.5.4_Alpha DOES NOT cause a
kernel panaic.

Running the NEW (fixed for audacity) oss-install
on a brand new 1.5.4_Alhpa DOES INDEED STILL cause a
kernel panic.

Hoping this is informative. I spent a whole week on
this so far.

Thanks,

Gan

 --