Subject: Re: Which 3d video card do people use?
To: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/06/2002 09:40:44
On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 09:27:51AM -0700, Andy R wrote:

> Oh yeah, I know all this. I did have at least 1 NetBSD
> specific question which is hardware support for 3d
> acceleration...
>
> I just wanted to hear from NetBSD people instead of
> going out to some site where it is 99% linux or
> something.
>
> I am looking hard at the latest ATI stuff. I may try
> to get one and see how it works.

My ATI Radeon 64MB DDR ViVo works great.  I also have a new 9000 Pro
that is working good after I patched up xsrc to recognize it.  I don't
know yet if the latest XFree86 code that was imported supports it fully
or not.

Personally I think you have a better chance of decent DRI support with
an ATI card (at least on NetBSD), since Nvidia doesn't have an open source
DRI driver.

-Andrew