Subject: Recipe for X11R6, Warning idiot at work
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Al Urbaitis <avu@lanl.gov>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/05/2002 08:56:25
Hello
Once again, I am working on a Dell Inspiron 8200...
The inspiron (what an insipid name) has the nvidia
"GeForce2go" chipset.

I came across a note indicating that patching
Xfree86 4.2.0 will yield an nv driver that will
more or less support the GeForce2go chipset.

http://www.marcuscom.com/g2g-xfree86/article.html

It seems that 4.2.0 is a patched version of
a patched version of 4.0.1. How do I make sure
that the source set I am using is "correct"
to build 4.2.0 ?

Is there a command that yields something like
the rev level of the source set ?

Sooo...
I obtained the patches from
http://www.marcuscom.com/downloads/nv.tar.gz

Hmmmm... don't know what to do here...
Should I simply replace the source files with
the patches ?

At
http://www.xfree86.org/4.2.0/NetBSD8.html#20

They give some guidance with respect to the xc/config/cf/host.def
file suggesting...
#define HasPerl YES
#define XFree86ConsoleDefines -DPCVT_SUPPORT -DWSCONS_SUPPORT

This can't be this simple...
What else needs to go here ?

Sigh... What I really need is a recipe ...

Thanx in advance..
Al