Subject: Re: ecommerce
To: netbsd-help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: dreamwvr@dreamwvr.com <dreamwvr@dreamwvr.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/05/2002 10:25:47
On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 10:28:39AM -0400, Matt Herzog wrote:
> server for him. There is no accounting software, database or shopping cart
> running yet so I have a golden opportunity to steer them away from Windows
> altogether.
accounting ? need more specifics. databases in SQL sense there is
Postgresql and Mysql. They scale far larger than you will need to
worry about. Shopping carts? Well there are lots of PERL/PHP and
JAVA carts. Why not write one ? If your referring to transactions in
the ORacle world sense. That's in Postgresql AFAIK.

Best Regards,
dreamwvr@dreamwvr.com

--
/*  Security is a work in progress - dreamwvr                 */
#