Subject: Re: openldap
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Keith Mastin <kmastin@beechtree.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/05/2002 10:57:30
<snip>
>> ps shows no slapd server running. There was no error when starting the
>> server, so I assume that I don't need to add a slapd=YES line to rc.conf,
>> do I?
>
>Start slapd with the debug option -d:
>
>/usr/local/libexec/slapd -d 63
>
>Then you'll see what happens.
>

>Regards,
>
>  Michael

Hi Michael,

The debug level had me stumped last night, thanks. This shows some
reference to bind. I'm hoping this is not bind as in dns bind, but bind as
in ldap_bind. I don't run dns on this machine, and if I were going to, I
would probably set up dbjdns as a preference.

How do I pursue err no. 48?

Thanks again.

bash-2.05# /usr/local/libexec/slapd -d 63
@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.0.23-Release (Tue Aug 20 19:14:18 EDT 2002) $

root@brutus.beechtree.ca:/usr/pkgsrc/databases/openldap/work/openldap-2.0.23/servers/slapd
daemon_init: <null>
daemon_init: listen on ldap:///
daemon_init: 1 listeners to open...
ldap_url_parse_ext(ldap:///)
daemon: bind(8) failed errno=48 (Address already in use)
daemon: bind(8) failed errno=48 (Address already in use)
daemon: bind(8) failed
slapd stopped.
connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.

--
Keith Mastin       BeechTree Information Technology Services Inc.
137 Laird Drive    Toronto    M4G 3V5     http://www.beechtree.ca