Subject: ecommerce
To: netbsd-help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Herzog <mherzog@attbi.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/05/2002 10:28:39
Hi All.

A friend of mine is wants to set up an e-commerce site for his small company.
At the moment he has his college buddy advising him. This friend of his knows
nothing but desktop Windows, so he paid his hosting service to set up WindowsNT
server for him. There is no accounting software, database or shopping cart
running yet so I have a golden opportunity to steer them away from Windows
altogether.

Does anyone know of an e-commerce suite that will run on NetBSD? If not, can
anyone wholeheartedly recommend an e-commerce suite that runs on Solaris,
AIX, HP-UX or any other unix? I'd like to use all open source software if
possible. It would be nice if most of it was also free, but these guys can
afford to buy a license or two.

Thanks.

--
Matthew Herzog