Subject: Re: Proper follow-up for bad package checksums?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Johan A. van Zanten <johan@ewranglers.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/05/2002 02:29:48
I said:

> Greetings and salutations.
>
>So i'm currently seeing a problem with compiling libpng from pkgsrc:

[smip]

FWIW, further inspection has revealed that sourceforge (the first archive
site) was returning HTML instead of the tarball, which was the cause of
the checksum errors. When i removed it from the list of sites, the make
went just fine. I've notified the package maintainer.

 I would still appreciate information explaining the best procedure for
correcting checksums. This was the second pkgsrc that i had a checksum
problem after installing about 20 over the last 2 days.

(And it'd also be cool to look at upgrading libpng, because there is a
 security advisory for anything < 1.2.4.)

 --johan