Subject: Which 3d video card do people use?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/04/2002 16:25:24
Hello all. I am thinking of buying a new video card to
replace my old Riva TNT from a few years back. I dual
boot NetBSD and Windows: Here are my criteria for
buying the card:

1. Must be compatible with NetBSD/XFree86 in 2d, don't
really care about 3d acceleration under NetBSD (or do
I?).
 a. I am using 1.5.4_ALPHA right now, but I can update
that and use XFree 4.2.x if necessary.

2. Must be a nice, stable card for 3d gaming under
windows.

3. Video capture, tv out, etc a bonus but not
necessary.

4. Preference is for ATI or Matrox first, then Nvidia.

Any info would be helpful because I haven't really
looked at video cards seriously for a while.

Thanks for any input provided. I really like my games,
so hopefully those will be the people I will hear
from...

Andy