Subject: make package question
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/03/2002 06:05:11
I apologize if I'm asking the obvious here... I've
read the packages(7) man page and the Packages.txt
file in the top of the pkgsrc tree and I don't think
the answer is in there.

The make target called packages builds a package of
whatever you are making and also installs it. The
problem is, it only makes a package of the thing you
are building and not the dependencies. This doesn't do
me much good if my goal is to save the binary packages
I build so I can install them later if something goes
wrong.

Is there some way to build each dependency as a
package as well? I apologize if I'm asking the
obvious... Searching the 'net turned up pr# 9995
opened by Jason Thorpe in 2000 with no fix.

Thanks.

Andy