Subject: Re: qmail from pkgsrc
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Keith Mastin <kmastin@beechtree.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/03/2002 03:00:07
>On Sat, Aug 31, 2002 at 06:12:50PM -0400, Keith Mastin wrote:
>> Hello...
>>
>> Installing qmail, going by the instructions in Life With Qmail.
>>
>> If anyone has sucessfully installed qmail from the pkgsrc collection on
>> 1.5.2, I'de like to hear what your experiences were, and any gotchas. I
>> looked through the archives with no luck on this.
>[...]
>>
>> I might just forget about pkgsrc and install from sources. This isn't
>> working.
>
>How about mailing the qmail package maintainer and telling them about
>your problems instead of complaining it does not work?
>
>I will be happy to fix whatever is broken, but certainly won't without
>problem report as the package works fine for me.

Hi Tomasz,

This is what I wanted to know, was if someone else had installed qmail
form pkgsrc and if so, what did they have to do in the install? I was
applying the info found in LWQ, but ran into problems, especially with the
qmailctl file throwing unexpected end of file errors, as described in the