Subject: Re: Need to create custom boot floppy
To: Joe Magee <jmagee@starrider.com>
From: Daniel Eggert <danieleggert@mac.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/01/2002 16:39:01
On fredag, aug 30, 2002, at 21:46 Europe/Copenhagen, Joe Magee wrote:

> The documentation I've read refers to a file called boot.fs. I found
> and
> downloaded several of these. My question, basically, is how do I put a
> directory structure on the boot floppy and have that structure put in
> the
> ramdisk and then have the kernel run there?
>
> I assume that this is, or can be, part of boot.fs, however, I'm not
> clear on
> how to construct a boot.fs to fit my needs. Please advise where I can
> find
> this process, or if I should work with something other than boot.fs.

First you configure and build your INSTALL kernel. Then you
	cd src/distrib/<my_arch>/floppies
	make clean; make
This should get you a ramdisk.fs inside ./ramdisk and actually put this
ramdisk inside the INSTALL kernel and make your boot floppies. Check
the structure inside the src/distrib/<my_arch>/floppies to see how the
ramdisk filesystem is made.

Daniel