Subject: Re: vorbis-tools package broken?
To: SAR <sar@computer.org>
From: Gan Uesli Starling <alias@starling.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/01/2002 05:27:49
On Saturday 31 August 2002 11:42 pm, you wrote:
> I just tried to install the vorbis-tools 1.0.0.8 package.  I think it's
> broken.
>
> I'm running NetBSD 1.5.2 on x86.  I updated /usr/pkgsrc from CVS less than
> ten minutes ago.

I built vorbis-tools from pkgsrc, but not via CVS. I used
"make fetch-list" instead. It went okay for me. I haven't tried
to use it because of other difficulties to create a sound file
in the first place. But I get this when I check on the package...

gus: {1} pkg_info vorbis-tools
Information for vorbis-tools-1.0.0.8:

Comment:
Ogg Vorbis encoder and player

Requires:
curl>=7.9.1
libao>=0.8.3
libogg>=1.0.0.8
libvorbis>=1.0.0.8
openssl>=0.9.6g
pth>=1.4.0
pth>=1.4.1nb2

vorbis-tools contains an Ogg Vorbis command-line encoder,
decoder/player and a tool for changing .ogg file comments.  Ogg
Vorbis is a audio encoding format; its technology is patent-free and
players and encoders are available on a variety of operating
systems.
 * oggenc encodes audio into the Ogg Vorbis format
 * ogg123 plays Ogg Vorbis files or URLs streamed via HTTP
 * vorbiscomment can list or set comments in an .ogg file

This package is vorbis-tools 1.0

Homepage:
http://www.vorbis.com/

gus: {2}