Subject: Re: keyboardproblem with netbsd/sparc
To: joerch <helix@mayn.de>
From: Johan A. van Zanten <johan@ewranglers.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/01/2002 07:39:38
---In message <20020901113242.A180@mayn.de>
>hi
>
>maybe i am blind or dump, but i can not find much information
>about how to change the keyboardtyp or mapping on netbsd/sparc.
>
>at the i386 port i have the /etc/X11/XF86Config, but i can not
>find such thing on my sun.
>
>it is a ss5 with a keyboard5, german type, and i have the
>problem, that i can type not really all letters.
>
>i got no | < > ... and i really needed that ;) for my work.
>
>any hints, hacks or information ?

Is "xmodmap" what you are looking for?  If that does the trick,  then you
may want to get xkeycaps from the x11 package collection. It's a graphical
front end to xmodmap.

>cd0(0:6:0): esp0: timed out [ecb 0xf07b09a0 (flags 0x43, dleft 42, stat 0)]
>sd1(esp0:3:0): max sync rate 10.00MB/s
>sd0(esp0:1:0): max sync rate 10.00MB/s
>
>sd1 first hd 2.1g
>sd0 second hd 9.1g
>
>the cd0(0:.... is not the complete error, if needed i can
>reproduce it!

This doesn't ring any bells for me.  Is this the interal CD-ROM?  Is it a
Sun CD-ROM or 3rd party?  Could you include the relevant  output from
"dmesg" so we can see how what the kernel recognizes it as during boot?

 --johan